The Cat, the Writer and the Musician

Or: A Beautiful Nightmare Production Notes Volume Two
Hello All!
Welcome to the second weekly update post in three weeks. Before you ask, last week computers were an issue here at the school so it was just a nightmare, and not a good nightmare, either. One of those terrible ones, like an Edgar Allan Poe story.
   Talking about Edgar Allan Poe, I have recently begun reading his stories because I wanted something sophisticated to read, after the books I have been reading lately. Also, I realised as I am a writer I should probably read the classics and see why other texts are well regarded. My goodness me, Poe is a genius. While the first story I read, A TALE OF THE RAGGED MOUNTAINS, didn't grip me whatsoever, the second story I read, THE BLACK CAT, is quite simply brillaint! I had already been writing about a cat within the saga named Lexus and this just really gave me more ideas. Plus, there is a quote within that novel which will be used within book one. I have decided to put a quote before each part as it adds both sophistication and sets up expectations for the following few pages.
   Also within the last couple of weeks a number of other things have been updated, corrected and fixed. The villain for the sixth episode, tentatively titled House at the End of the World, has actually been created and she may make a further appearance within the series. One of the most important expansions however was on episode two, tentatively titled Burden of Responsibility. Before this time, I knew what had to happen in this episode, but it was beginning to feel fractured and not as focussed and interesting as the first novel. Now, after a genius idea, this novel has much more of a focus, and it may or may not include a reference to the biggest promotional thing for charity this year...
  Finally, the Musician of the title refers to the fact that I have now sort-of dreamcasted Maize. The television program Austin and Ally (ah, it's hillarious and pretty clever) stars a guy named Ross Lynch. He may be my dreamcast Maize. A) He's very, very cute (crushing out!) and B) He can sing and is a good actor. Plus, he has the most gorgeous smile. On the downside however I think he may be too light an actor to portray the role with the depth that I really want for Maize. Sorry, that sounded rude, but he is primarily a comedy actor which he's great at, but I don't have the knowledge of his ability at drama. Will keep you posted as to that dream development.
Two final things I have to say this week. 1) Occasionally, I will post quotes on the blog which are inspiring or moving or clever. These will be labelled Quotes to Inspire and you will have noticed the Dr Suess one below this post. 2) the image to the left of this block of text is my third attempt at a cover for book one, with my cover cast. Maize is a guy called Kevin from BirdSisterStock on DevinantArt, Leader is another stock account which name escapes me and Cameron is Alexander Rybak, a Norwegian singer. I know I shouldn't have a celebrity on the cover, but Rybak is so deeply engrained within my vision of Cameron that I can't think of anyone else to play him. He's just perfect.
On that note, I shall wish you adieu.
Thanks,
James Gardiner, The Author
PS: The novel now has 64,000 words and is about 5/8 of the way through I think. This week's clue? "Beware of ceiling water." Cryptic, huh?
PPS: You want an image of Ross Lynch from Austin and Ally? Well, if I must I must. :D

Comments